- Ethical Principles
Every lawyer in the firm shall at all times –
- Maintain integrity and independence in their professional judgement and conduct;
- Comply with both the letters and the spirit of the laws of Uganda; and
- Avoid associations with individuals, businesses and organizations which are in conflict with this code.
- Strive to provide services of high quality and accept full responsibility for all services
- Comply with the professional standards of the field provided by Law Council and as stipulated under the Advocates Act Cap 267.
Every employee shall;-
- Conflict of interest
- Acceptance of contracts which would constitute a conflict of interest with any prior or current contract with any existing client is strictly prohibited.
- In the event of any such conflict of interest, the lawyers handling the matter shall disclose to all concerned parties those conflicts of interest that cannot reasonably be avoided or escaped.
- Confidentiality and Accuracy of Information
Every employee shall respect the confidentiality of information received in the course of performance of a contract and shall not use such information for personal gain.
- Employees shall not offer or give anything of value to influence the action of a client, potential client or public official in the exercise of their duty or so as to gain unfair advantage over others in the execution of their contracts.
- Employees shall not ask a public official to commit any illegal act.
- Fraudulent Practices
Employees shall not engage in any kind of fraudulent practices and shall maintain
a high standard of integrity by preventing corruption, fraud and anti-competitive practices.
The management team shall be responsible for ensuring that the business principles in this code of conduct are upheld by each employee.